Thursday, October 25, 2012

Hello out there! My name is Anita, and I am a working mom of three kids, and attending school online with the Academy of Art University.  My dream is to be a children's book illustrator, and that is the direction I have headed.

I have only Illustrated one entire storybook so far.  The book is named "The Tree Who Was Afraid of Heights", written by Steven R. Hickey of Jacksonville, FL.  This is a warm and colorful picture-book about a tree who was once afraid of heights, but through the help of friendship and encouraging others to overcome their fears, he learns to get past his own.

Today (10/25/12), the manuscript was read at the C. E. Brehm Memorial Public Library in Mt. Vernon, Illinois (mine and Steven's hometown) to the Young Readers Club (children ages 3-5).  I had the honor of being there when the children heard this story, and saw the illustrations for the first time.  I must say, the reaction from those little faces was overwhelming! I was at the point of tears, seeing those bright, watchful ears and eyes engulfed in the story and the drawings. 

Steven and I are on the hunt for a good publisher who will give this story a chance.  I would be happy to share a manuscript for anyone interested.  He and I are considering turning it into an e-book after 2 years of rejections. I will keep you informed as to its progress.

Stick around for more great things ahead! You can also check out my artwork on Deviant Art. Here's the link: http://dragonfoxx70.deviantart.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment